Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Liquid Courage (Part 2)

I had this bright idea this weekend to invite my inlaws over for a little bar-b-que to celebrate Memorial Day. My mother-in-law and her husband are big drinkers and I was feeling like knockin back a few myself. Well, I didn't stop at just a few. I drank a liter of crown by myself and turned into the fuckn devil. It was scary. We were all sitting outside on the patio by the grill and the conversation came up about getting my son a new vehicle. He drives a 2002 Tahoe and I guess that isn't nice enough for him. You see, we pay the payments and the insurance, as well as, the gas. Well, my wifes mother decides to chime in about this and let us know that we should get him something newer. This brought back a deep-seeded unresolved issue that I had been harboring for about 20 years now. You see, when I met my wife she drove a new grand-am that her mother bought her for graduation. Free and clear, supposedly. But when I started dating my wife, her mom decided that I should pay for the car. Well, I did. I starting making payments on it and did so for about 6 months. On the sixth month, I got a liitle behind on the payment. 8 days to be exact. SO...............she sold the car. She put an ad out in the thrifty nickel with our address without even telling us. Sold the mother fucker to the first person that came. Imagine the fuckn fury. Well, I have kept my mouth shut about it for 20 years. Until last night that is. The old liquid courage kicked in and lets just say, I unleashed that fury. Pretty much told her exactly how I felt about in front of my wife and her husband and my son. MISTAKE. I wound up leaving and when I came back everyone was gone. My wife took the kids and her stuff and left. GONE. SO, today, I sit here feeling like one of the biggest assholes in the world. Shamed and humiliated. I don't know how this is gonna end but I am pretty sure it aint gonna be good. In closing, I guess I have learned that liquid courage aint worth a fuck and a crown drunk is the fucking worst.

No comments: